Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sayings About Peppermint

Interview postmortem

[+ emirates + vatican + bangladesh barRbade cotedivoire + + + Italy
micronesia + Afghanistan + Albania + + + Morocco Palau Papua
turkmenistan + + Madagascar + Somalia + Cameroon + Southern + Ireland +
Vietnam]

(1) Support experience oxo heir by an artist after the demise of the original author [cf. After, Crown].
(2) Interview spiritualist artists such as Piero Manzoni's death, Andy Warhol and Marcel Duchamp [> oxo 4] [> oxo 318] [> oxo 319].
[Appendix]
This interview by Piero Manzoni follows two postmortem interviews that we conducted in 1993 and 1994 with the ghosts of Andy Warhol (1) and Marcel Duchamp (2). This time, we wanted to invoke the spirit of Manzoni, not just for the sake of the disturbing but because the issue of "shit box" became increasingly insistent.
In the early 60's, the Milanese artist shocked Italy by enclosing his feces in 90 tins and sold that he signed for the equivalent of their weight in gold. These works are now highly prized by contemporary art and each of them is estimated at some 200 000 F. But that actually contain these boxes? We remember that Bernard Bazile said in an open and he discovered a second box inside, which revived interest in the mysterious contents. Thirty-four years after his death, the enfant terrible of the avant-garde Italy has agreed to speak on the condition sine qua non that our seance is watered gin, liqueurs and mulled wine ...
- Why are you dead, Piero Manzoni? Yet you say that "There is nothing to say, you only be there to live" ...
- Piero Manzoni: I am, since I'm here.
- But why are you dead, exactly? The cause of death.
- I have a little forced on the bottle so that my liver was fragile.
- Thirty years was a bit young to die.
- Today is an age to die, the time was a bit young.
- But you knew you were going to die young. You had said: "I will die at the age of thirty-three years - as Christ. I'll take my steps to print a commemorative stamp in my effigy. And I want my body to be enclosed in a rectangular clear plastic. But you died earlier than expected in 1963.
- that's why I put all the stops, I have only one regret: knowing the state of my liver, I would have liked us to make a good pie with Armagnac , so my friends can I eat during the ceremony. Now it's too late.
- Michel Journiac was not so far from your idea in 1969 when he gave to enjoy slices of black pudding made with his own blood.
- Yes, I saw it from above. But I was a bit dazzled by the candles that were on the table. I had the idea of vials of blood. Note that I also fed the eggs to my audience. One hundred and fifty hard-boiled eggs marked with the imprint of my thumb. The gluttons are swallowed whole seventy minutes!
- was less offensive than your boxes of shit.
- eggs, that sort of ass chickens. People saw that it was a work of Piero Manzoni, but not they ate eggs fresh from the chickens ass. It's like boxes of shit, they are now works of Piero Manzoni who sell very expensive either for their reality box shit but for their status box Manzoni shit.
- Exactly, what do you think of this artist who has opened one of your boxes (and who incidentally wants to sell 400,000 F)?
- Yes. Bernard Bazile, he smokes cigars too, is bad for your health.
- One will transmit the message. But you know that your boxes have been sanctified, they are in major museums, Richard Nicolas Beaubourg speaker even said: "It's something almost Christ in the spirit of Manzoni, because the shit is in the box as Christ is the host!
- He has lots of humor, I love Richard Nicolas. In May 1961, I created these 90 boxes after having had the intention to produce vials of blood as an artist. I opted for shit because it was easier to harvest.
- Ah, so there is real good shit your boxes. Because we never knew if there was really shit in it. When Bazile did open the box, there was a second box, like the Russian dolls ...
- Yes, yes, there are a lot of crap in boxes, crap artist, but of course I expected that to open a malicious. The trick lies elsewhere: it was the shit artist, but it was not my own shit!
- The shit that then?
- That of my visitors, who were artists or people close to art. I harvested my toilet, in Milan, where I had it installed a small bin between the flush and drain. Here, take the box opened by Bazile. Well just imagine it contains shit Ben! Ben came to see me in Milan, Arman had put us in contact. A little later, I handed him the box against the equivalent of 30 grams of gold, weight of fresh shit. But he never knew it contained his own shit.
- Suddenly, Nicolas theory no longer holds, since this is not your shit that's in the box ... What was your theory?
- The presence of such crap in boxes nevertheless assured my posterity. But my theory was quite friendly in fact: when people come home, they think they should behave themselves, be polite and respectful, but they never think that taking your toilet they shit in your house. If people were aware of this, they would first be embarrassed but eventually would be laughing and relaxed the rest of the time. So I explained this to my guests and it finally made their stay more pleasant for them as for myself. In return, I allocated the right to maintain, secretly, he was most intimate in them: their natural shit.
- Except Ben Vautier qui a été mis en conserve ?
- La liste est longue mais j’ai maintenant une bonne mémoire : Giuseppe Capogrossi, Pierre Restany, Matko Mestrovic, Henk Peeters, Franco Angeli, Gust Romijn, Mario Arcaini, Arthur Kopcke, Sergio Dangelo, François Morellet, Dadamaino, Vanni Scheiwiller, Marco Santini, Agostino Bonalumi, Kilian Breier, Otto Piene, Arnulf Rainer, Arnaldo Pomodoro, Diter Rot, Angelo Verga, Hans Salentin, Raphael Jésus Soto, Agostino Ferrari, Ettore Sordini, Lucio Amelio, Jean Tinguely, Alberto Lucia, Yves Klein, Arman, Serge Vandercam, Emilio Scanavino, Wilfredo Lam, Alberto Biasi, Armando, Bernard Aubertin, Josip Vanista, Arturo Vermi, Pol Bury, Daniel Spoerri, Manfredo Massironi, Enrico Castellani, Christo, Gaetano Di Martino, Edoardo Franceschini, Marcel Broodthaers, Jeff Verheyen, Günther Uecker, Herman de Vries, Piero Dorazio, Agenor Fabbri, Roberto Crippa, Lucio Fontana, Ugo La Pietra, Franco Garelli, Luisa Majoli, Giorgio Chiarini Boddi, Hermann Goepfert, Hans Haacke, Jan Henderikse, Raffaele Menster, Claudio Papola, Davide Boriani, Oskar Holweck, Thomas Orlando, Yayoi Kusama, Mazzucchetti Franco, Francesco Lo Savio, Philip De Gasperi, Heinz Mack, Enrico Baj, by Almir Mavignier Silva, Antonio Bueno, Christian Megert, Hans Hartung, Paul Chip, Piero Dorazio, Uli Pohl, Johannes Schoonhoven, Giulio Turcato, Joe Colombo, Asger Jorn, John Ancelin, Gabriele De Vecchi, Grazia Varisco, Tino Bertoldo, Ennio Chiggio, Toni Costa, Edoardo Landi and ... myself!
- Oh, really! It was not anything to collect shit ninety artists. Your ninety boxes of shit is perhaps the greatest artistic shrine of all time ...
- was a way to seal a secret relationship with my contemporaries. When we organize a dinner, I had to discreetly take notes during the meal every time someone went to the toilet, to remember the order of receipt of shit in the bin. When someone pulled the flush, device resulted in the previous shit in a drawer, leaving the empty receptacle for the next shit or urine if there was no defecation. I am perhaps the only person in the world and have experienced the exact nature of the activity of my guests in my toilet! Several months later, some were provided with their own shit in a box, but buyers were delayed another crap. Still trying not to give them the shit of someone they could hate. Since the canning was done in May 61, conserve it took me some crap for several months in a bag in the refrigerator. Fortunately, Nanda, my girlfriend was very understanding.
- What a job! But were not you disgusted by the fecal matter from the other?
- Personally I had no problem on that side, I kept even the waste water of toilets: I had to sell the project in perfumery under the name of "Eau de toilette Manzoni," but I have not found any shop concerned.
- Aha! But you had imagined that the breath of an artist, have you thought in the great tradition pétomane, Gas artist who could assist tremendously your boxes of shit?
- was a project I had proposed to the magazine Gorgona in 1961 as a
pétomane alphabet: the fate of A to take B C D E for the fate Ie F, G leaving H to take the I, J out of K I'l take the M out of N to take the O, P
the fate of the Q to take the R! But it has not published because of the language barrier, it did in French ...
- The color of shit brown and black lines are against the whiteness, or rather the lack color in your other work, hard boiled eggs, carvings rabbit skin, the achromatic absorbent cotton or styrofoam ...
- This is the same. Insofar as a monochrome becomes achromatic when there is no report of color representation, lack of color can be white, black, whatever. Black, brown signify the absence of color as well as white or transparent, when in fact located in the shadows, the colors disappear. In the absence of color, I have not sought an art aesthetic but a true art is capable of achieving the purity and eternity.
- The color does appear in some work schedules, such as certificates of "living art" where each has a specific color: red indicates that the whole person is a work of art, yellow part only the body is one, green indicates that the person is a work in attitudes ... You also want to make images that change color when heated. And there's this famous project that you have never done: repainting the cathedral of Milan in pink.
- As you said yourself, the color in my work had an information function as signs. My interest in time, time passing, which notably resulted in the creation of lines, pushed me to be interested also in weather, temperature, and I thought these pictures sensitive heat. As for the cathedral of Milan, this project dates back to 56 and was part of a will to fight any notion of style. Therefore the color by itself did not matter except the scandal, or rather what the impact would have created in my country. But my biggest regret is not the cathedral. What I regret most is my project maze controlled electrically, for psychological tests and to brainwashing. All my life I have tried to brainwash my contemporaries, to clean all these conventions that plague the life and art.
- But what has plagued you, you, the overconsumption of alcohol.
- No, what I fel are harsh critics who have seen that trick in my work. Alcohol was a weapon of self defense, but they turned against me. However they have failed in part because my mind is still alive, but only in part, because I see a resurgence of this spirit skin sorrow, will send me another glass to the ceiling.
- Raise a glass to your health, the health of your words, Piero Manzoni.
- Salute!
- Salute e grazie mille!
221,296 (1) In "Collector" No. 4. (2) In "Art is less than airtight Tupperware" 2.

0 comments:

Post a Comment